Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The United States 2012 Presidential Election: REDUX

I once said that it is better to vote for Romney in the 2012 election.

Nah, I changed my mind.

First, disclaimer, I am neither conservative nor liberal nor libertarian. I criticized the left as too naive and the right as too eager to be a douche.

Let me put it this way, I like 2 things from Romney & the GOP (rhetorics): his foreign policy and his immigration policy. The US needs to be more assertive, bad regime like Iran, Syria, North Korea, etc are basically gangsters that need to go. The Democrats strike me as too eager to appease those gangsters. On the immigration, let me put it this way: illegal immigrant IS ILLEGAL, if you offer them amnesty, you undermine your own law! Don't like it? Better change the immigration law, make every Mexicans who enter America automatically become a legal immigrant. BUT NO!! The Democrats refuse to do that! They basically only said "please use your heart, they are human too! Our ancestors are immigrants too!" In other words: the Democrats told you that they don't care about the immigration law.

That's it, that's what I love from Romney and GOP in general.

That said, I already said in my previous post: both Romney and Obama are politicians. Previously, I think Romney is the better candidate since he promised more awful policies. That didn't change. Obama still promises better policies in general.

What change is, now the Romney-Ryan ticket proudly said they don't give a damn about facts. Here is the quote:

"We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers."
-- Neil Newhouse, a Romney pollster

It is not just words, they really put their money where their mouth is.
- Even after people pointed out that blaming Obama for the closure of GM plant in Jannesville is baloney, the republican still repeatedly.
- Attacking Obama for rejecting Simpson-Bowles committee without mentioning that Ryan is the one who refuse to send the committee to the congress. 
- Paul Ryan marathon lie. Nuff said ...
- etc.

Seriously? Are they too lazy to lie competently? Did they really insulted Americans with such blatant lies? Americans, please show us, the rest of the world, you still got brain and dignity. Don't vote for them for heaven's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment