Sunday, January 6, 2013

Your Prophet Is Not Your God

Many people have asked me why I refuse to believe in the existence of the Christian God, Yahweh. I already give you some reasons, now let me imagine a conversation with a typical Christian to give you another good reason ...

GOD ... at least according
to Michaelangelo
Christian: Why do you refuse to believe the existence of God, the Lord almighty? 
Me: Err ... because your book is incoherent? Because the concept of hell is just too disgusting to be part of my ethics? Because I don't think forcing someone to do incest is just? 
Christian: What? No, you are just misguided and misinformed. How could you reject Yahweh who sacrifice His own Son for you?
Me: (Fed up and really want to argue that Jesus is actually not that great, but decides to try another angle.) Let's for the sake of argument, assume that I were wrong. Let's assume that Yahweh exists. My next question is "Okay, He exists, so what does He said? How can I know what he wants from me?" 
Christian: Ah, for that we have the Bible!
Me: WOA, stop there, you want me to believe in hearsay? Yes, the Bible is a fine example of a hearsay evidence. You know that Jesus never write anything right? It was written EARLIEST 30-40 years AFTER Jesus "resurrection," so that is the very definition of hearsay!
Christian: No it is not a hearsay, the writers were inspired by the Holy Spirit and God!
Me: Do you know how it was collected? 
Christian: What? The Bible?
Me: YES, you know that each book is a separate writing but collected some centuries after its writing right? Some of them even with dubious origins. The Bible was NEVER faxed from Heaven.
Christian: Those blessed predecessors are also guided by Holy Spirit in their action.
Me: What? Seriously?  You want to say that the Bible needed some editors who decided which books could be kept, which should be tossed aside? Tell you what, let me give you this 10 Bucks, go to the nearest pharmacy, buy some anusol. I am sure such epic ass-pull hurts. Go on, I wait. Got it? Okay, now I can continue ... even if there is some marvelous miracle happens, and I believe in God as the result, I NEVER BELIEVE in any humans who are arrogant enough to claim that he write God's words. In the end, even my believe to your God is IRRELEVANT.


That's the problem with Yahweh existence, religion, and morality. Jesus, Yahweh, or other kind of God IS NOT EQUAL with the religion associated with each of them. I can say easily "I don't trust your prophet" and my ethics will be the same with "I don't believe in the existence of your God." But you can see the difference right? Oh yeah, the reaction from the prophet if you say this to their face is also exactly the same: branding people who distrust them as kafir, infidel, heretic, satan worshipper, ammoral-child-molester, yadda-yadda-yadda. Some prophets even executed those "heretics". 

Why?
Because they are THAT arrogant, they really equate themselves with God.
Because they KNOW that they don't have any good reason to be trusted, therefore they resort to some unobservable-supranatural-existence to prove their point.
Because some of them are so insecure, but desperate to make people obey them, that they had to resort to violent coercion to get people to agree with them.

Wake up, stop putting your whoever-prophet into a pedestal. By your own definition, only GOD deserved that position on the pedestal. 

In essence: This is not about God. This is about YOUR WORDS, YOUR ARGUMENTS. At most you can prove that YOUR PROPHET said so. Not God. Stop bragging about knowing God's mind. Be humble for heaven's sake!


No comments:

Post a Comment