Sunday, November 18, 2012

Homage to "Katyusha"

I already mentioned before, I have soft spot for Russian culture. That's why yesterday I was curious to find out about their folk song. I found the song called Катюша , or "Katyusha". 

Holy hell ... that is one of the most beautiful song I have ever heard.

But that is not all. I noticed that "Katyusha" is also the name of rocket artillery employed by the Russians during 2nd World War. I thought the name of this song was inspired by the artillery. Turned out it was the other way around. The artillery's name was inspired by this song, since this song was used during the "Great Patriotic War" firstly as a farewell song to the soldiers.

... I literally shed my tears of joy when I read that. That is simply the most beautiful facts about ANY song I have ever heard.

So, here is the song: 



And here is the lyrics:




No comments:

Post a Comment